Akron, Ohio

I received a notice that my check was not being accepted due to Telecheck reporting. I tried several different ways to contact someone at the company to find out what the heck was going on.

The phone number given goes in loops and it is very difficult to talk to someone in person. Once I did get a hold of someone the debt was from 2004, over 7 yrs ago! How does this come about this many yrs later and puts a financial hold on my life besides that I filed bankruptcy. All the operator wanted was how I was going to pay because that was the only way to get it removed.

So now I am back to trying to get a hold of someone to let them know and to clear this situation. I think it is absolutely ridiculous that this can happen so easily and the company that can make the decision for your check to be accepted or not, is SO VERY HARD to work with to get the situation resolved.

Comments

That's crazy.

I called the phone number I was instructed by Wal-Mart and got a recording to call another number which was answered by a women and sounded very much like a porono site. I hung up without talking to anyone.

Is it possible to talk to anyone at TeleCheck? By the way, I went to Harris Teeter and used the same check and it was accepted.

I went for three years fighting to get them to remove a check that had been paid for in 2009 and just had progress for the first time abiut even getting it looked at. Their customer service compaines and agents don't know what the heck they are doing and lie to you.

They send you to people or sections over and over and then eventually hang up on you. If I ever write a check again it will not be at someone who uses telecheck services.

I have read all teh info on Walmart - but in a small town thats all they have here and I don't want that to happen to me. Their customer service at telecheck sucks.