Tampa, Florida

Let's get Back at Telecheek!

Hi, I just back from Sears. I'm a 30 year customer there and have spent over 100 grand. Well I bought $150. in tools but I had to write a check for a smelly $12 bucs. DENIED!!! by you know who.

My credit rating is 826, I have $10 grand in that *** checking account....that I rarely use....and now I cant use it at all because of Telecheck. since they dont give any interest anymore in savings I didn't bother with that. Now last week I was denied at Lowes, 15 year customer, over $60 grand spent. This check was a home equity line of credit with available 128 thousand. Again, I normally just use the credit card attached to the account. I have used it for home repairs as high as $5 thousand without a problem, but contractors I guess dont use Telecheck. Also, my home is payed off and always pay off the other 3 credit cards I have each month. I do not owe anyone and have never missed any payments in 35 years.

Well the first thing that popped into my mind is to let businesses know and feel the pain that telecheck is causing everyone. I am going back to sears, lowes, and other stores that wont take my checks. I'm going to fill the cart with expensive merchandise and then just leave when they decline my check. I will show them that I have the cash on me but am just too pissed and insulted to do business now. OUR biggest problem is that we always just use another pay method so the business doesn't think the denials are hurting them. I'm sure if we just start walking out they just might consider what is happening. Now really, having a picture ID driver license, credit card ID, etc. should keep the stores from being cheated. And especially when the checks are so small. I've seen on this board, $10, $12, $22....How ***

Comments

MITMIT

love your idea.. I will be using it in the future.

but in the mean time what do you think about this? I am for a class action law suit against them for denying peoples checks without just cause!!! you with me?

May be we should get a centralized web page for people to sign up for a class action suit against these sleaze balls!!! know any body who can do that?

MITMIT

love you idea.. I will be using it in the future.

Actually it's not fake. I just went to the grocery store that is 2 blocks away from my house.

My credit card was lost and I was waiting for a new one in the mail. I wrote three checks at the SAME grocery store earlier in the week and they were all approved. Today I went in and it was declined. When I called Telecheck the reason they gave me why it was declined is that they didn't have enough information history on the account.

Not that I had insufficient funds (because I had more than enough for a 50 dollar check in that account), but that they didn't have enough of my personal information. Truth be told, they sound like a data mining company on the side, probably selling your transaction history (not bank account numbers, but where those transactions took place) to the highest bidder. These guys are ***. *** them.

How can we legally bring down companies like this. Who does the law really protect?