Scranton, Pennsylvania

Gees! I have been shopping at Weis Market in Sunbury for years -- never had any troubles with my checks -- always pay them.

They recently switched to a new system/Telecheck; WORST mistake Weis has ever made in my opinion. First time EVER a check was declined at the register- highly embarrassing I might add-- I get a 7 digit code number, go home and call Telecheck. They said I couldnt write another check because 2 of my checks hadnt processed yet and there didnt appear to be enough funds in my account. Thats crazy-- I cover any remaining balance every afternoon/evening from funds I transfer from another account and those checks never bounced!

What right do they have to stop how I choose to bank/transfer funds! OF COURSE the checks cleared, and so I went back to Weis to write another check for 25 dollars -- IT DIDNT CLEAR. I'm REALLY peeved by now. I contacted TELECHECK again and they said, oh your account is on hold with Weis because we dont have confirmation that your checks cleared.

ARGGGGGH! This is so ANAL its ridiculous. Its unnecessary. So now I have to wait until tomorrow (the bank was closed) to get on the line with Telecheck to prove to them with my bank that the check cleared.

Totally BOGUS, INVASIVE and an UNACCEPTABLE invasion of my privacy. THEY HAVE NO RIGHT TO GET PERSONAL INFO on my account and ping it ESPECIALLY WHEN I HAVE AN EXCELLENT RECORD of PAYMENT.

Comments

Peoria, Arizona, United States #1313448

WORST COMPANY EVER!! My previous checks cleared a week ago and I was declined.

I called them not once, but TWICE and after entering all the info TWICE and finally getting a customer service rep they CUT ME OFF! What a load of BS!

Its a shame.... While I know its wrong, a lot of low income cash srapped families would float a check a coue days before payday just to eat. Now kids go hungry and they laugh at you at the register.

did you ever stop to think that just maybe you should start to transfer another way? it is the 21st century, soon all companies will be using systems like this.

in my advice you need to get with the times. dont take it personaly. for example, if im a company looking at your account for 100 dollars, and i see a check coming for 200 dollars, how do i know your going to make the transfer?

i dont. so naturally to save myself from making a bad investment aka a bad customer not paying for goods, id rather decline the transaction and give them to another customer that has say..a debit card ?

Excuse the typo on line 10 when I said "It didnt clear" what I meant was it was declined at the register so I wasnt able to write a check that day.