Clarksville, Tennessee

My husband went to Walmart to pick up some last minute items for a family reunion picnic. He was told by the cashier that telecheck denied his check of $36.72.

This was check #10573, so we write alot of checks. Called the representative and was told that we had alot of recent activity on our account so they denied our check until they could verify it was us. This had nothing to do with available funds in the account, just making sure it was us. If identification was required, why not have the cashier asked for a picture ID?

We will not be using checks any more. Since when does an outside company have the authority to regulate our spending? Telecheck is out of control if they are denying checks because you are spending alot of money (school is starting . .

. duh). I don't like the idea of them knowing what I am spending and where I am spending it.

NO MORE! Withdrawal cash from the bank and if they want to following me around to monitor my spending, they had better keep up.

Comments

There is a current consumer Class Action lawsuit against Telecheck in the state of Tennessee. You may want to check it out.