Columbus, Ohio

Car repair costs more than debit card limit. Knew that from the estime. Fine. Brought checks. Checks are good for any amount. I have the money. It's fine.

Not anymore.

I don't know who they are. They don't know who I am. But they prevented me from paying for my car repair. The shop keeps the car for the night, I miss my meetings tomorrow morning. Can't get the car until I get cash from the bank and take it to the shop. Lots of wasted time. For me. For my friend. For the shop. For the people I'm meeting with, who I need to drive 2.5 hours to get to, AFTER I wait for the bank to open, get my cash, get my car.

F this company. There's a distinction between people and a company. I don't hate people. But I really hate this company.

Comments

Richmond, Virginia, United States #701594

"anonymous" from Sioux Falls, South Dakota is from TELECHECK !!!

DISREGARD ANY COMMENTS FROM THIS PERSON

Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States #681865

Most of the time when Telecheck refuses a check it is because of suspected identity theft. I guess it would be better to be safe than sorry.

to anonymous Big Stone Gap, Virginia, United States #693775

Out shopping for school for my three children on tax free weekend. On Saturday wrote checks just fine.

Go back on Sunday first check written to JC Penney and had to show 3 forms of id because telechek said Virginia was a high risk state but after about 15 minutes of standing in line of about 10 people it is accepted. Then go to American Eagle wait 20 min. in line get up there my purchase is $59.00 and check is denied. Luckily my son is there with cash.

I have no clue what is going on so I go on to Journey's to write a $54.99 check and of course check is denied. This is all very embarrassing because the mall is packed. Stood outside the food court talking to telechek and they tell me my checks are at a high risk for fraud. By then I am worried someone has my account so I ask what the chks have been written for.

Every check they call out I wrote the day before, when I tell them that they tell me that in order to get the high risk off my acct. I have to wait 7 days to write another check even though I have plenty of money in my acct and have called to verify it is me writing the cks. So I ask whats the limit on how many cks I can write? Its im sorry ma'am there is no limit.

But you can write a ck its just going to be up to the merchant after its declined again to accept it until 7 days is up and our system is refreshed. So I ask is there nothing they can do on my acc t so I can finish shopping? No we suggest you wait 7 days before writing another check. I tell them oh just forget school starts on Thursday and this is tax free weekend and I am shopping in Tennessee, again we are sorry for any inconvenience or embarrassment we suggest you wait 7 days for a system reset.

What about groceries or gas? Wait 7 days. This has to be one of the stupidest things I have ever heard in my life. I do understand its for my protection too but after I called there should be a way they can instantly clear my acct so I dont have to wait 7 days.

Needless to say I will wait to save myself from being embarrassed but I told her I would be calling my bank to get a debit card and hopefully eventually everyone else will too and telechek will soon go out of business.

Like I said before it has to be the stupidest company I have ever had to deal with!! Still very upset and my day was ruined!!

to Anonymous Puyallup, Washington, United States #734620

I believe their goal is to get you to switch from checks to credit & debit cards which is just what you did. making them a useful tool for banks, credit unions and other outlets, in an attempt to lure you away from checking accounts, and into using their name brand credit & debit cards instead.

Re-read most of these posts again, you will notice a pattern telecheck uses: embarrass! humiliate! shame! or scare us into the arms of their clients and financial products.

We do so in order to avoid dealing with them ever again. Job accomplished!and sad to say, they will be around for another 40 years waiting for the next generation of consumers to interrogate.