3K views

I opened my business on June 1, 2011 and have written approx 45 checks since opening.Today, June 22, 2011, I wrote a check for $9.23 and Sam's Club would not accept the check because it was "denied" by Telecheck (CODE 3).

When I called Telecheck I was told that, even though I had adequate funds in my checking account, my account showed an unusually high number of checks written in the past two weeks, and this causes a warning indicator in their system; therefore the check was denied. After several discussions we reached an impasse ... I wanted assurance my future checks would NOT be declined by Telecheck; their response was to write another check, and if declined, to call them.

I do not feel Telecheck has the right to control how I spend my money to run my business.

Had an Experience with Telecheck?

Comments

Was declined at Wally World for my groceries 121.00.Code 3.

Didnt want to keep others waiting so I pulled out the cash and paid as I always keep some cash on me for just this kind of fuckery. Although I was a little embarrased I smiled and went on my way. I shop for groceries every sunday for past 25 years,and write a check . Thought it was covered at the bank.

Went home, checked balance and showed plenty. Called telecheck. They told me it never even registered as declined in thier system. I read them the little ransom note that the poor clerk handed to me.

The rep just kept reading from a script.And of aplogised and told me I could run it again...sure.

Kokomo, Indiana, United States #1160898

My check was rejected because the check written the day before had not cleared.My bank told me that it can't clear till they deposit it, which they had not done yet.

My bank said we were in good standings. Have never written a bad check and yet TeleCheck can flag me?

My husband was not able to get the associate to give him a supervisor, "they were all busy".

So almost all stores use TeleCheck.

Amazon uses TeleCheck. Could not buy anything over the weekend without using a credit card which is not how we want to pay.

We've now been cleared, the check went through. I am, however, not over being mad.

This can repeat itself.The only way to prevent it is to use cash or credit card.

#1001906

time for a class action against telecheck. Have to hit them in their pocket big time

Homewood, Illinois, United States #816522

I also was declined.Not for writing bad checks but because I posed a fraud risk.

I've written several checks in the past to the same vendor with no fault but today, voila!!Today a $100 check was declined.

Spokane, Washington, United States #772103

My debt card was compromised and quickly deactivated.But I guess that's what thus checkbook thingy is for, right?

Code 3 no account history. How, then, do I build a history?

Catch 22. (long list of the worst curse words) you telecheck.

I was denied at the local urgent care center!:eek :upset :sigh :? :cry :( :x :x

Dallas, Texas, United States #743762

telecheck customer service did not know what the *** they were doing when answering the phone calls. It is horrible biz...

I think some one should start a web page or blog with the intention of starting a class action lawsuit

Erie, Pennsylvania, United States #644344

I wrote a check for 1 dollar today and they denied it.. What the *** :x

nlchapman69

:( So Telecheck denied our "Good" check yesterday.Not once but twice.

And today, while I am fuming and mad as heck, I called. I should have waited till I calmed down a bit. However, the associate, who was not american was very nice. But I wasn't.

After arguing and going back and fourth about "our" check writing history, I opened my online bank account and bluntly read off each and every check written on our account, to him. Which btw was only to the place we were rejected from. I said to him who the *** does TC think they are assuming they know what kind of pattern of check writing I should have? And I said to him, if one more check gets declined we were going straight to our lawyers office.

I gave him no other chance to speak. I went off on him. While I also said I was recording this call ( I wasn't) I demanded his full name and operator number. He assured me that all he needed to do was update our account, and remove the flag.

I assured him if this happened again, he would have a huge lawsuit for defamation of character and I would sue his/company's pants off and I meant what I was talking about. I told him, PLAY WITH ME. I said I so what you to mess with me. I told him I knew about the Class action lawsuit against them in TN and I was six blocks from the TN state line and I would definitely join in ASAP!

I told him, you work for them, you do not own that company, so...

Then I said stop shivering in your seat, hang up and have a coke.Now for anyone else going thru this same thing, take my advice, GET PISSED

Wilmington, Delaware, United States #589179

I was attempting to pay my phone bill (01/02/13) with Sprint using their automated system.Usually, I do cash at a store kiosk or debit - but this time my money is coming from my savings.

My account is in good standing and has been opened for years, but Telecheck flagged it with a code 3!!!! The first rep at 877-678-5898 told me that it could be EASILY REMOVED but after speaking to someone at 888-288-0131, they told me it can't.

Now, I have to wait 7 days for the flag to clear....What the *** kind of business are they running??