My business's checks at Amazon for $39 were declined because of "insufficient history with Telecheck." Tens of thousands of dollars purchased from Amazon in past three years with Debit card from same account. Telecheck says, "build history by waiting seven days and then writing small checks at local merchants. How small? I ask. We can't tell you, they say. In other words, Telecheck requires people to go from merchant to merchant trying to buy things costing one dollar less at each and suffering the humiliation of check declines until they find the "secret" level of which Telecheck approves.

The absurd part is the operator who told my purchaser yesterday that once the business's information (a form of identify theft, in actuality), the purchases would pass through unchallenged.

No greater lie has been told since "I'll only put the tip in."

Long story short, Telecheck looks at customer service not as treating customers well but more like a farmer sees his bulls servicing his herd. I like to be serviced, mind you, but not so violently.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: If you really want that stuff pay for it another way i was told, System, Too confusing, Did not work.

Comments