Sent my son to drop off a check with the Dentist for his monthly braces payment. They ran the check through Telecheck only to be declined. I went in myself to find out why and we re-ran the check, declined again. The dentist said maybe my bank. So I called Telecheck and they told me I did not have enough history with them, but they could run an update in order to find more history, and I could write more checks to build more history.

In the day of debit cards, we only pay our monthly bills with a check, this system needs to be updated to reflect todays debit card / check usage. Very Very unhappy with Telecheck. I called the dentist back to inform them that it was Telecheck causing the problem with their customers, not my bank, or my bank account.

I will encourage businesses I work with to investigate, and choose another company for this service.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Telecheck Cons: Outdated with todays debit card use.

Comments

Nothing to do with you or your bank. The dentist office is wrong to send regular customer checks to Telecheck.

Only new checks or new customers go to Telecheck. I pay my bills with checks as well, and will ditch anyone who sends my checks to Telecheck or anyone else for approval.