Just got told by a computer pretending to provide "customer service" via their customer service line that my $25 check wouldn't go through because my account failed a risk analysis due to lack of "history" of my account in their system. No recourse offered nor anything more than a programmed apology for the embarrassment and extreme inconvenience.

This doesn't use credit score (obviously). This doesn't use account history (obviously). This doesn't use account balance (obviously). This doesn't consider identification verification (obviously).

SO JUST WHAT DOES THIS SYSTEM USE TO MAKE THESE DECISIONS??? Oh.

Just the data they have on file which is "...submitted by our merchants when there is a returned check." So if I never bounce a check I can never build history in their system and therefore never be able to use a check with their merchants? I am now going to find a list of merchants that use this bull-*** system and when possible I am boycotting them all.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Fix your evaluation system to use actual data rather than your inability to get history without a problem on the consumers' parts..

I didn't like: Justification for denying my check, Total lack of customer service, Lack of expedient recourse for declined check, System of identifying risk used by them.

Comments