Just got told by a computer pretending to provide "customer service" via their customer service line that my $25 check wouldn't go through because my account failed a risk analysis due to lack of "history" of my account in their system. No recourse offered nor anything more than a programmed apology for the embarrassment and extreme inconvenience.

This doesn't use credit score (obviously). This doesn't use account history (obviously). This doesn't use account balance (obviously). This doesn't consider identification verification (obviously).

SO JUST WHAT DOES THIS SYSTEM USE TO MAKE THESE DECISIONS??? Oh.

Just the data they have on file which is "...submitted by our merchants when there is a returned check." So if I never bounce a check I can never build history in their system and therefore never be able to use a check with their merchants? I am now going to find a list of merchants that use this bull-*** system and when possible I am boycotting them all.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of justification for denying my check and total lack of customer service. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss bad quality of telecheck credit check and associated monetary loss in the amount of $25. Telecheck needs to "fix your evaluation system to use actual data rather than your inability to get history without a problem on the consumers' parts" according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned telecheck credit check in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Telecheck. You can also consider other company suggested by the author: Kroger.

Comments