Blue Bell, Pennsylvania

Yesterday while trying to purchase a washer and dryer at Best Buy, I was told my check was declined. I first called my bank and they assured me that there were sufficient funds to cover the check.

Then I called Telecheck and they informed me that I don't write enough retail checks to be approved. I asked them to work with me on this decision and they told me that I had to go to several stores and write small checks to establish check writing history, WHAT? The person on the phone was so scripted that I asked her if she was an actual person. Then I asked for her supervisor.

I got the same story from her and no willingness on their part to work with me, clearly the consumer is not who they are wanting to help. I asked for the next supervisor and she said they were all at lunch, REALLY? I asked her how it was possible that at 1 PM on a Monday that there was no one available to resolve a conflict, she said I could call back.

I was just appalled at the lack of customer service from this company, I will really try not to patronize businesses that use Telecheck wherever possible. Shame on them!

Comments

Washington, District Of Columbia, United States #826519

My husband is having the same problem. Checks denied even though the bank says everything is fine and they are not even getting processed there.

We narrowed it down to checks accidentally being used out of order....and telecheck did that same "write small checks" *** to us too.

Problem is....They're even reject a $9.00 check!!! Wtf....do I have tk buy 200 $0.60 packs of gum with a check before we establish "good history"?!?!