Telecheck - Check denied for reason 02, code 3

I tried to use my check at Walmart and was denied.I have no bad checks out.

I usually use my debit card but decided to use my check. I was embarrassed that my check was denied because you know the people in line were thinking I was a bad check writer. I had the funds in my account and used my debit. The point is that Telecheck should NOT have the right to say which type of payment I use to purchase something.

It is my right to chose what I want and NOT be embarrassed by something that isn't my fault. Too bad we can't sue for defamation or something.

They should be reported to the BBC.Think I may just do that.

More Review Details

Helpful? 5 Yes 5 3 No 3
Had the same issue 22 Yes 22
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 03 #1207748 West Liberty, Kentucky

This happen to me today. I used a check last night at walmart given the check was for a smaller amount than todays check. It was declined. She ran it twice. This is crazy. I believe i would rather drive 50 miles away and shop at Target or Meijers. I usually use my debit card, but lost it and am waiting for a new one in the mail. My mother in law has problems with walmart just about everytime she shops there and writes a check. Something has to give or they are loosing my business.

0 0 Reply

Jul 05 #1181655 Lake Village, Arkansas

I tried to write a check at Walgreens and Telecheck declined it. When I called to find out why, they said it was because I have written too many checks to Walgreen’s, even though they have always approved them up until now and they admitted they could see that I had never written a bad check. The person I talked to said that now since I have been declined, I may be declined again…..even though I have money in the bank to cover my purchases and I’ve never been declined before. Their only reason is because I’ve written too many (all approved) checks …and now I will have THIS in my Telecheck “history”. Even though it may be difficult, I will only shop places who DO NOT employ Telecheck. Ridiculous.
Amy Fox, Texas

1 0 Reply
MrsG

Sep 15, 2013 #717372

Whoever that anon is down there is a total dumb*** you have every right to use the payment type you want. Thinking that we all need to start an anti-telecheck movement and boycott businesses that use their company.

3 0 Reply

Jun 15, 2013 #665000 Manassas, Virginia

It's 2013! if you usually use your debit card, then why didn't you? You must be trying to cover something up, if you would rather stand there, write up the check, hold up the line up, when you could have swiped & go without being embarrassed. You must have done something in the past for Telecheck to give it a reason 2, code 3. IJS :?

1 7 Reply
TulsaChick

Sep 30, 2013 #723354 Tulsa, Oklahoma

I see why you logged in as Anonymous I would too with a dumb answer as yours. People have the right to use whatever payment method they want, she could have lost or misplaced her debit card, what grand cover up is that..you have a screw loose dude...

5 0 Reply
Bitch

Oct 29, 2013 #734958

Not everyone is trying to hide some thing or done some thing wrong when there check is declined. I would have used my card if the bank had of mailed it as they said!

3 0 Reply

Jun 12 #1172005

Some people don't have debit cards because they expire. I drive truck and rarely get to pick up my mail. Don't be so rude or ignorant.

2 0 Reply
nikalseyn

Jun 15, 2013 #664999 Columbia, South Carolina

You certainly have the "right" to use whatever form of payment you wish. However, WalMart most certainly has the "right" to refuse payment in a form that could be fraudulent---and if Telecheck questions your check, then they do not have to take it from you. Don't blame WalMart. Blame telecheck. Or, do a I do and not shop at WalMart to begin with. They are rude, inept, and have no customer service worth a red cent.

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Telecheck. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Telecheck.
Filing a new complaint about
×