9.4K views

I tried to use my check at Walmart and was denied. I have no bad checks out.

I usually use my debit card but decided to use my check. I was embarrassed that my check was denied because you know the people in line were thinking I was a bad check writer. I had the funds in my account and used my debit. The point is that Telecheck should NOT have the right to say which type of payment I use to purchase something.

It is my right to chose what I want and NOT be embarrassed by something that isn't my fault. Too bad we can't sue for defamation or something.

They should be reported to the BBC. Think I may just do that.

Comments

The same thing happened to me and I called Telecheck. They told me it was because they had no information or not enough information on my account.

In other words, I should use more checks, but they weren't allowing me to!! What an oxymoron... with an emphasis on moron for this company. I had my debit card eaten at an ATM earlier that day, so this was just the icing on the cake.

They told me I should be able to write a check 'in 7 days' now that they had my info. Fat lot of good that would do me now.

Apparently if your credit score isn’t above a certain number... they won’t take your check. Which is BS...

The same thing happened to me today for a check in the amount of $157.37. I had to leave everything in the cart and exit the store.

Several things I really needed. like ALEVE.

I was denied a purchase at 3 different Walmart stores. And there was money in my account too.

Telecheck said to have the store rerun the check, but the 2nd problem was w the telecheck terminal printer.

One clerk told me that the managers have a small electronic gadget where they can approve transactions even if they not at same resgiter. Perhaps the opposite is true as to their ability to deny transactions when they want to

When a check that dose not have any fund's do you write or stamp anything on the check to show that it was no good

Dallas, Texas, United States #1246962

I was denied at Best Buy and Walmart, and that is very much EMBARRASSING because it makes the the person checking you ou tit makes them think your just trying to get by o a check and their thinking youo have no minet there when you do! I AGREE

that they do not have the RIGHT TO TELL ME HOW TO PURCH AND MERCHANDISE THAT I HAVE MONEY FOR, if i don't want to use my debit nor credit card or cash DAMMIT!

I should be able to usr a *** check if I want to.

I worked for it so no one has the right to tell me how I should spend or purchase anything, DAMMIT! TOTTALY PISSED TO THE 100TH DEGREE!!!!!!

to Anonymous #1427191

Me too !!!!!

Durham, North Carolina, United States #1246925

This is the EXACT thing that's happened to me! I called my bank who stated they have nothing to do with telecheck.

I am really upset these people are denying my purchase by check when I have done NOTHING to warrant treatment like I write bad checks!! PISSED OFF!!

West Liberty, Kentucky, United States #1207748

This happen to me today. I used a check last night at walmart given the check was for a smaller amount than todays check.

It was declined. She ran it twice. This is crazy. I believe i would rather drive 50 miles away and shop at Target or Meijers.

I usually use my debit card, but lost it and am waiting for a new one in the mail.

My mother in law has problems with walmart just about everytime she shops there and writes a check. Something has to give or they are loosing my business.

Lake Village, Arkansas, United States #1181655

I tried to write a check at Walgreens and Telecheck declined it. When I called to find out why, they said it was because I have written too many checks to Walgreen’s, even though they have always approved them up until now and they admitted they could see that I had never written a bad check.

The person I talked to said that now since I have been declined, I may be declined again…..even though I have money in the bank to cover my purchases and I’ve never been declined before. Their only reason is because I’ve written too many (all approved) checks …and now I will have THIS in my Telecheck “history”.

Even though it may be difficult, I will only shop places who DO NOT employ Telecheck. Ridiculous.

Amy Fox, Texas

Whoever that anon is down there is a total dumb*** you have every right to use the payment type you want. Thinking that we all need to start an anti-telecheck movement and boycott businesses that use their company.

Manassas, Virginia, United States #665000

It's 2013! if you usually use your debit card, then why didn't you?

You must be trying to cover something up, if you would rather stand there, write up the check, hold up the line up, when you could have swiped & go without being embarrassed.

You must have done something in the past for Telecheck to give it a reason 2, code 3. IJS :?

to Anonymous Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States #723354

I see why you logged in as Anonymous I would too with a dumb answer as yours. People have the right to use whatever payment method they want, she could have lost or misplaced her debit card, what grand cover up is that..you have a screw loose dude...

to Anonymous #734958

Not everyone is trying to hide some thing or done some thing wrong when there check is declined. I would have used my card if the bank had of mailed it as they said!

to Anonymous #1172005

Some people don't have debit cards because they expire. I drive truck and rarely get to pick up my mail.

Don't be so rude or ignorant.

to Anonymous #1291182

Simple, because my ATM had to be replaced.

to Anonymous #1401354

Whoever responded to the complaint saying, u should have used your debit card, you are completely ignorant. Until checks become obsolete, people have a right to use whatever payment they choose. You sound like a complete pompous *** for saying that.

to Anonymous #1421677

I call trash on your idiotic reply. My father in law has never wrote a bad check is 83 and maintains a higher than average amount of no 1st and was deli ed at wal.art by tekecheck when he had way more than enough money but no card because his home was burglarized while he was in hospital from a heart attack and had to cancel his debit cards.

We had to call police soon as we got here because it was so obvious with a busted out bathroom. Window and his room and bathroom ransacked sacked and missing tablet and so he had to atm card.

Bank isn't open until tomorrow and he is going to get a new debit card. I hope same happens to you 1 day and you get decljned before getting a new carx and then you will thinm twice before assuming so.eoen has sometbing to hide.Please get educated before making such idiotic statements.

to Anonymous #1486554

Your a *** idiot! I was denied a $600 purchase from an account with $150,000 balance. Telecheck is a *** joke.

nikalseyn
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #664999

You certainly have the "right" to use whatever form of payment you wish. However, WalMart most certainly has the "right" to refuse payment in a form that could be fraudulent---and if Telecheck questions your check, then they do not have to take it from you.

Don't blame WalMart. Blame telecheck.

Or, do a I do and not shop at WalMart to begin with. They are rude, inept, and have no customer service worth a red cent.