I called Telecheck in early Feb. to find out why I kept getting denied for bank accounts and credit cards and I was told that I owed $138.43 to Republic Bank for a bad check and that I was to go to the bank directly and pay this off and my financial record would be better.

Well after i paid the bank a couple of weeks later with tax money I called Telecheck to see when it would be taken out of my name and when I could start applying for banks and credit cards and I was told that there was no record of me ever owing Republic Bank in their system and the only thing it showed was where I owed them $21.04 because of the check that bounced. I demanded to talk to a supervisor about this because I was being told that I still owed more money than what Telecheck originally said to me. The supervisor said she couldnt find where I was told this amount since it wasn't in their system, all of a sudden??, and that I needed to give her the reference number that I was given on my first call, which I was not given. So after me complaining and being furious for a little bit the supervisor took down my contact info and said she would look into this and call me back.

That was at least 3 weeks ago and I still have had no call. Im mad becuase I wasn't even told about the $21.04 the first time calling and that they didnt show where I owed Republic Bank $138.43. Its just horrible how their system runs if they are doing things like this to other people.

I feel like I shouldn't even have to pay the $21.04 because I was not originally advised this. All calls are recorded with this company and my first call is on file so they can go back and listen to the entire conversation.

Comments